A tortilla goes hand in hand with Mexican cuisine. Unfortunately, regular tortillas from the supermarket contain way too many carbohydrates.
Does this mean you could never eat a delicious burrito again? Of course not!
In this recipe you will learn how to make a low-carb tortilla from coconut flour. The recipe is very easy and tasty.
Coconut flour is a healthy substitute for 'normal' flour. It is perhaps the healthiest flour substitute you can use in the kitchen. Especially for your weight, blood sugar and type 2 diabetes.
And when you combine these healthy low-carb tortillas with a tasty filling?
You have a super healthy dinner!
Ready to make this recipe? Then take a look at the photos below to see what goodies await you.
Photos and recipe of the low-carb tortilla
Is the water already starting to run in your mouth? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe of these low-carb tortillas.
Do you want to make it even better? Combine these tortillas with our low-carb Mexican burritos dinner. Then you get a super healthy dish that will hardly raise your blood sugar.
Fancy a low-carb Mexican soup? Then check out this recipe.
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Low-Carb Tortilla with Coconut Flour (Very Healthy & Delicious)
- 4 egg whites - from big eggs
- 30 - 40 gram coconut flour - quantity depends on the type of coconut flour
- 5 tablespoon water
- 1 gram baking powder
- 1 gram garlic powder - optional
- 1 gram onion powder - optional
- 1 gram chili powder - optional
- 1 gram salt
- Place the egg whites, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and water in a bowl and mix well.
- Optional: add the garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder and mix into the mixture.
- Heat a small skillet over low heat. Wait until the pan is warm and grease it with some butter.
- Now put a small part (a gravy spoon) of the batter in the pan and spread the batter through the pan by making a circular motion.
- Bake both sides of the tortillas until golden brown in a few minutes.
- Tip: Is the first tortilla not thin enough (more like a pancake)? Then add extra water to the mixture.