Would you like to make a low-carb soup...
...but do 'normal' soups such as vegetable soup and mushroom soup not sound very tasty?
Then I have a delicious recipe for you here. This low-carb soup is one of my favorites to eat.
It is relatively easy to make, contains delicious herbs and will improve your blood sugar (type 2 diabetes) and weight.
What more would you want?
I'll admit it:
I love Mexican cuisine.
That also explains why I have previously published a low-carb burrito and tortilla recipe on this website.
I prefer to give a Mexican (or Indian) twist to everything I make. That will of course be a lot more difficult if we are talking about a dessert...
...but putting a Mexican low-carb soup on the dinner table is a lot easier.
The recipe below can be made with different types of meat. So make it with whatever you want. I prefer chicken or beef. You can also just omit the meat and keep the low-carb soup vegetarian.
Do you want to add other things? Then you can too!
As long as you don't change the 'base' of this low-carb soup (the herbs, garlic, onion and cream).
The photos and recipe of the low-carb soup with Mexican spices
Do you want to make this low-carb soup? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe of this tasty Mexican soup.
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Low-Carb Soup with Mexican Spices & Chicken
- 450 gram minced meat - chicken, beef or turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 2-3 gloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 1 big tomato - diced
- 500 ml cream
- 2 tablespoon taco herbs
- 400 ml stock - chicken or beef
- 1 small bell peper - chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a pan. Then cook the meat, onion and garlic for 7-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bell pepper, tomato, cream and herbs and stir for 5 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- Finally add the stock and let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes over low heat until the desired thickness is reached.