Unfortunately, a Russian salad quickly becomes unhealthy due to one ingredient:
As a result, eating a low-carb Russian salad seems impossible for many people.
Fortunately, a lot is possible if you're willing to get a little creative in the kitchen.
There is an easy (and healthy) way to make a low-carb Russian salad without potatoes.
You will learn that in this tasty recipe!
One prefers to eat his Russian salad for breakfast...
...and the other likes to eat it as lunch.
Some eat it on a sandwich and others eat it with a spoon.
Whatever you decide to do, you always have two problems when you buy a Russian salad from the supermarket (such as Walmart):
And if you are a vegetarian, then you also would have a problem with the meat in such a salad.
Fortunately, you can get around this by using this low-carb Russian (Olivier) salad recipe that is packed with lots of healthy ingredients!
The potatoes here have been replaced by cauliflower, which is a lot healthier.
The regular mayonnaise has been replaced by mayonnaise without omega-6 rich oil, so your insulin sensitivity is not negatively affected.
And if you eat vegetarian, you can just take the meat out of this recipe without sacrificing flavor. If you like fish, you can add tuna. And to make it even healthier, you can add beets to the Russian salad.
Do you feel like making this recipe? Below you can already see what awaits you.
The photos and recipe of the low-carb Russian salad
Is the water already starting to run in your mouth? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe of this low-carb Russian salad.
This low-carb Russian salad is perfect to combine with our low-carb bread recipe that we put online a while ago. You can make a great Russian salad sandwich. Click here to view this recipe.
This way you can eat your sandwich every morning or afternoon without worrying about your blood sugar, weight or type 2 diabetes. Ideal right?
In need of other easy recipes? Let us know what you want and we may publish that recipe soon.
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Healthy Low-Carb Russian Salad Recipe Without Potatoes
- 0.5 cauliflower - cut into small florets
- 50 gram carrots - chopped
- 75 gram pickles - chopped into cubes
- 5 large eggs - hard-boiled in chopped into cubes
- 115 gram bacon - sliced into cubes
- 100 gram peas
- 170 gram mayonnaise
- 0,5 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 0,5 tsp pepper
- Fill a saucepan with water and add a tablespoon of salt. Bring the water to a boil and add the small cauliflower florets and the carrots. Cook for 5 minutes. Then drain them well.
- Mix the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Mix the cooked cauliflower, carrots, pickles, eggs, bacon and peas in a large bowl. Then stir the mayonaise dressing into the bowl with the vegetables.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least an hour. The salad remains good for a night, or even a few days.