Are you a real soup lover, but are you currently on a low-carb diet because you have type 2 diabetes or want to lose weight? Then I wouldn't recommend eating most soups from the supermarket.
In most canned soups, potatoes are used for binding. And potatoes are not healthy if you are a diabetic.
So are you looking for a healthy low-carb soup because you are on a diet?
Then this recipe for a low-carb tomato soup without sugar is definitely recommended for you.
It is relatively easy soup to make and it is creamy. It is delicious and will improve your blood sugar-levels (for type 2 diabetics) and it will improve your weight.
What do you want more?
Tomato soup is one of the most popular soups in western countries.
This soup in particular has only a few ingredients and is therefore easy to make, but it certainly doesn't taste any less.
The homemade soup is low in carbohydrates (even keto friendly) and therefore does not contain any ingredients that will make your bloodsugar spike.
You can also replace the cream in the recipe with creme fraîche. This low-carb soup is vegetarian, but if you do eat meat, you can make a low-carb tomato soup with meatballs. I recommend you to use beef.
Because you initially bake the tomatoes with the herbs in the oven, the soup will be much tastier than just boiling and puree it.
Below you can see what awaits you.
The photos and recipe of the low-carb tomato soup
Do you want to make this low-carb soup? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe of this tasty tomato soup.
If you want a more filled tomato soup, you can always add extra vegetables such as bell pepper or extra herbs like basil to the recipe. Looking for more low-carb recipes besides this low-carb soup?
You should check out this low carb fish casserole recipe or the low carb stuffed pepper recipe.
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Fresh Low-Carb Tomato Soup (Vegetarian Recipe)
- 10 medium roma tomatoes - cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic - minced
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Provencal herbs
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp pepper
- 60 ml heavy cream
- 30 gram Fresh basil - sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 Fahrenheit).
- Mix the tomatoes, garlic and olive oil in a bowl. Then spread them over a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Put the tomatoes in a saucepan and puree with a hand blender. Cook over medium heat and add the chicken stock, Provencal herbs, salt and pepper and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the fresh cream and basil and let it simmer for another 2 minutes.