Mexican food is delicious! Who doesn't like it?
And one of the best things to eat are burritos. Unfortunately, a large part of a burrito consists of a carbohydrate-rich tortilla or wrap. And that is unfortunately not so healthy.
It contains a lot of carbohydrates and very little fiber. Not ideal if you want to eat low carbohydrates or improve your blood sugar.
That's why I have a tasty and healthy recipe for a low-carbohydrate burrito for you here. Perfect for when you want to dine low in carbohydrates without depriving yourself of Mexican cuisine if you have type 2 diabetes.
You can even consider this to be a burrito bowl because you are not using a tortilla, which keeps this recipe keto-friendly (if you leave out the corn) and healthy. What more do you want?
Check out the photos below to see what awaits you.
Photos and recipe of the low-carb burrito
Is the water already starting to run in your mouth? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe of this low-carb burrito.
Fancy a low-carb Mexican soup? Then check out this recipe.
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Low-Carb Burrito with Ground Beef & Zucchini
- 2 zucchini - cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 0,5 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 500 gram ground beef
- 70 gram black beans
- 70 gram tomatoes - diced
- 70 gram corn
- 100 gram grated cheese
- 0,5 teaspoon chilipowder
- 0,5 teaspoon cumin powder
- 0,5 teaspoon paprika powder
- Salt and peper
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit). Hollow out the halved courgettes (put the filling aside) and sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake the zucchini in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan with olive oil over medium heat and fry the onions and zucchini filling for 5 minutes. Then add the garlic and minced meat and cook until done. Drain off any excess moisture.
- Add the chili powder, cumin powder, paprika, black beans, tomatoes and corn and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Fill the hollowed courgettes with the minced meat mixture. Garnish this with the cheese and bake again in the oven for 15 minutes.