Stuffed peppers have been popular for a long time. Many people want to eat them and preferably also without carbohydrates.
Especially people with blood sugar problems or overweight are looking for a healthy recipe that is also tasty. Maybe you are one of them?
If so, then I have good news for you. Because in this recipe you will learn my low-carb stuffed pepper with Italian herbs and ground meat.
Both tasty and healthy!
You can fill a low-carb stuffed pepper with everything your heart desires.
And that is precisely the problem for many people.
Having a lot of choice may sound nice... but it rarely is in practice.
Because many people wonder:
"What is the best thing to fill my pepper with?"
I'm going to help you with that. In this recipe I use a low-carb stuffing with Italian herbs.
This makes it both tasty and healthy.
That's what you're looking for isn't it?
And believe me, it is many times more delicious than any stuffed pepper that you can buy ready-made.
Enough talking! Time to make the recipe.
Below you can see what awaits you.
The photos and recipe of the low-carb stuffed pepper
Do you want to make this low-carb stuffed pepper with Italian filling? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe.
Do you have to feed a lot of people? Then this low-carb stuffed pepper recipe is perfect. Just make a big casserole and you'll be able to feed a lot of people quick and easy.
We have a lot of free recipes that are low in carbohydrates. You can find them all here.
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Healthy Low-Carb Stuffed Pepper with Italian Filling
- 4 green peppers - cleaned with seeds and tops removed
- 50 gram onion - chopped fine
- 30 gram green onion - chopped fine
- 3 cloves of garlic - chopped
- leftovers of the top of the green peppers
- 450 gram minced turkey - or other meat of your choice
- 200 gram tomatoes - cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley - chopped fine
- 1.5 tbsp Italian herbs
- 55 gram tomato passata
- 60 gram grated cheese - of your choice
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius (375 degrees Fahrenheit),
- Cook the green onion and leftovers of the green pepper in a pan for five minutes, then add the minced meat and fry until brown.
- Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, Italian herbs and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes and stuff the hollow peppers with the mixture.
- Spread a tablespoon of passata on top of the stuffed pepper and garnish with grated cheese. Repeat for each pepper.
- Put the stuffed peppers in the oven for about 20 minutes until the cheese has a golden brown color.