Are you looking for a tasty and healthy low-carb fish casserole that can make the whole family happy?
Then I have the ideal recipe for you here.
This low-carb fish dish is easy to make and tastes delicious. In addition, it contains an ideal combination of nutrients that makes you very saturated.
This will only benefit your blood sugar and weight. Why? Because it prevents you from feeling hungry later in the evening.
Lets be honest:
Making an oven dish is ideal because it is relatively little work.
You combine some ingredients in layers in a baking dish ... and half an hour to an hour later you have a delicious dish that several people can enjoy.
Unfortunately, people often get no further than an oven dish with potatoes. And that's not as healthy as you want to eat low-carb. Although potatoes with 100 grams are not very high in carbohydrates, we eat far too many of them at once.
And you notice that in your blood sugar and weight. Fortunately, it doesn't have to be that way.
Healthy casserole without potatoes?
This low-carb fish casserole is not only healthy but also very tasty.
And because you use both fish and cheese, it contains healthy fats and proteins.
These will saturate you so that you will be satiated after dinner.
And if that wasn't enough, the broccoli in this oven dish will also help satisfy your hunger.
The mustard in this oven dish (together with the cream) brings everything together so that you have a delicious dinner for the whole family. A dinner that will benefit both your blood sugar and weight.
Fancy making this low-carb fish casserole? Check out what awaits you below.
The photos and recipe of the low-carb fish casserole without potatoes
Do you want to make this low-carb fish casserole? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe.
Looking for more low-carb recipes besides this low-carb fish casserole?
Perhaps this low-carb chicken casserole is for you. Looking for more recipes?
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Low-Carb Fish Casserole (Recipe Without Potatoes)
- 300 gram mushrooms - sliced
- 75 gram butter
- 1.5 tablespoon fresh parsley - finely chopped
- 325 ml fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 150 gram grated cheese
- 450 gram white fish
- 450 gram broccoli or cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Fry the mushrooms in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the salt, pepper and parsley and fry briefly.
- Add the cream and mustard and place the pan on a lower heat. Let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes so that the sauce can thicken.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and place them in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle 3/4 of the cheese on top and put the mushrooms on top. Garnish with the remaining cheese.
- If the fish is still frozen, bake the oven dish in the oven for about 30 minutes. If the fish has already thawed, the baking time is shorter. Check the fish after 20 minutes. If you easily pierce the fish with a fork, it is cooked.
- In the meantime, prepare the side dish. Boil the broccolli or cauliflower in water with some salt for 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and mix with the tablespoon of butter / olive oil.
- Mash the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Place on a plate with the fish.