Are you looking for a tasty dish with salmon for dinner, which is also low in carbohydrates? Then you are here on the right website.
This low-carb salmon recipe is easy to make, tastes great and is ideal for dieting. In addition, it contains an ideal combination of nutrients that will saturate you.
This dish contains the ideal ingredients to stabilize your blood sugar and/or lose weight.
Most salmon dishes are made with a carbohydrate source such as:
If you want to improve your diabetes or want to lose weight, these carbohydrate sources are not recommended.
They increase your blood sugar at a rapid pace and make you produce more growth hormones that make it difficult to lose weight.
And that would be a shame since salmon is one of the most nutritious and healthy products on the planet.
Salmon contains the omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids have an anti-inflammatory effect and overall have a positive effects on the body.
Few products contain these healthy fatty acids.
You should get as many of these healthy fatty acids as possible, but that is quite difficult because these fatty acids always occur together with omega-6 fatty acids and these are actually inflammatory.
Salmon is one of the few products that has more omega-3 fatty acids than omega-6 fatty acids. That is what makes this product so healthy.
To easily get extra omega-3 fatty acids, you can also use (smoked) salmon in dishes in other ways.
With this you can think of:
Enough about those fatty acids and on to the recipe. This recipe is prepared in the oven and is therefore actually a kind of oven dish.
Fancy making this low-carb salmon with asparagus? Check out what awaits you below.
The photos and recipe of low-carb salmon in garlic butter
Do you want to make this low-carb salmon oven dish? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe.
Are you looking for more low-carb recipes besides this low-carb salmon recipe? Perhaps this low-carb chicken casserole is for you.
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Low-Carb Salmon In Garlic Butter With Asparagus
- 700-800 gram salmon - cut into 4 fillets
- 450 gram asparagus - cleaned
- 3 cloves of garlic - chopped finely
- 100 gram butter - melted
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley - chopped finely
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp peper
- 4 lemon slices
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius (430 Fahrenheit). Grease a baking tray or use baking paper.
- Place the salmon fillets in the center of the baking tray and leave some space between each fillet.
- Place the asparagus around the salmon on the baking tray.
- Mix the melted butter, garlic, parsley and onion powder. Sprinkle the salmon and asparagus with the butter mixture.
- Sprinkle the salmon and asparagus with salt and pepper and place 1 lemon slice over each salmon fillet.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes and serve immediately.