Everyone wants to eat an unhealthy thing every now and then. Although I do not recommend it, I understand that it is tasty.
A favorite among these cheat meals is:
Since a regular pizza is not recommended due to the enormous amount of carbohydrates it contains, I therefore have a variant that is many times healthier. Below I have a delicious recipe for you for a low-carb pizza (crust).
You can make the low-carb pizza as tasty as you want. You can choose all kind of toppings:
You can do whatever you want. As long as the pizza crust is prepared in a healthy way.
What makes this crust healthier than the regular crust? The flour that is used.
A normal crust is made from flour. Flour is very high in carbohydrates and low in fiber. For that reason, it has a great effect on your blood sugar. Something you cannot have as a diabetic, and something you want to prevent as a non-diabetic.
Almond flour is used in the pizza crust in this recipe. Almond flour contains much less carbohydrates and more fiber. This makes the Glycemic index and therefore the effect on your blood sugar much lower. That's all you want in a healthy pizza base.
You can also make pizza crusts from coconut flour, but coconut flour can have a predominant taste, which means that it is not to everyone's taste. That is why we made the choice for almond flour.
You can also buy a low-carb pizza base at supermarkets like Walmart, but these are NEVER really low-carb. Only part of the crust is made with healthy ingredients. The rest is simply made with (whole wheat) flour.
This makes such a crust 'healthier' than a regular crust, but by no means healthy.
Feel like making the recipe? Check out what awaits you below.
Photos and the recipe of the low-carb pizza with an almond flour crust
Is the water already starting to run in your mouth? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe of this low-carb pizza.
If you are very fond of Italian cuisine, then in addition to this pizza recipe, I also have a recipe for low-carb Italian lasagna.
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Low-Carb Pizza With An Almond Flour Crust
Ingredients pizza crust
- 225 grams almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 big eggs
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp tomato passata
- vegetables of your choice sliced - (meat, mushrooms, bell pepper, onions, olives, zucchini, spinach etc.)
- 100 gram grated cheese of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all the pizza base ingredients together into a ball of dough. Then roll out the dough (between two leaves of baking paper) into a thickness of about 0.5 cm
- Place the pizza crust on the baking tray and pierce several holes in the dough with a fork to avoid bubbles.
- Bake the pizza crust in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally add the cheese of your choice on top.
- Bake the pizza again for about 10-15 minutes in the oven.