Cheesecake and type 2 diabetes don't exactly go hand in hand.
From the sugar-rich filling to the carbohydrate-rich crust... it is all very bad for your blood sugar and weight.
Yes, it is very tasty..... but unfortunately not healthy. Thus you have to look for something else to satisfy that need for a nice piece of cake.
Fortunately, we have a delicious recipe for a sugar-free cheesecake that is not only healthy but also very tasty.
Do you feel like making this cheesecake? Then scroll down to see what awaits you.
Photos and recipe of the sugar-free cheesecake with lemon & raspberries
How to make the crust:
What makes the bottom of this low-carb cheesecake so healthy is that it is made from almond flour. And there is no healthier flour (except coconut flour) which is as healthy as almond flour.
The structure of the crust may be slightly different from what you are used to...
...but it is also much healthier than you are used to. And quite easy to make if you ask us.
Is the water already starting to run in your mouth? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe of this sugar-free cheesecake.
How to make the filling of the sugar-free cheesecake:
The filling of this low-carb cheesecake contains no sugar at all!
Therefore it is actually very healthy. What is used instead of sugar is erythritol powder. This is a sweetener that has no effect on your blood sugar.
This way the cheesecake can still taste sweet without your blood sugar rising.
Here's how it looks when you're done:
Is the water already in your mouth when you see the photos below?
I don't blame you! Because our sugar-free cheesecake with lemon and raspberries is very tasty. And for enthusiasts you can of course just use strawberries.
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Sugar-free Cheesecake with Lemon & Raspberries (Easy & Low-Carb)
- 200 gram almond flour
- 3 tablespoon powdered erythritol
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 gram butter - melted
- 12 gram gelatine
- 100 gram powdered erythritol
- 240 ml boiling water
- 450 gram cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.5 teaspoon lemon extract
- 100 gram raspberries - or strawberries
How to make the crust
- Mix the almond flour, cinnamon and the sweetener in a bowl. Then stir in the melted butter.
- Place the mixture in a cake pan with a diameter of 24 cm (9 inches) and press it evenly over the bottom. Let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour before putting the filling on top.
How to make the filling
- Place the gelatin and sweetener in a bowl and mix well. Add boiling water and stir until the powders are completely dissolved.
- Beat the cream cheese together with the vanilla extract and lemon extract in a large bowl until well combined.
- Slowly pour the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese mixture and mix with a hand mixer until smooth and thick.
- Place the filling in the refrigerator to thicken and stir every 10 to 15 minutes until the mixture is spreadable. (This takes about 30 to 45 minutes).
- Place the filling in the cake tin and cover with fresh raspberries or strawberries. Store the cake in the refrigerator and serve chilled.