From time to time eating a salad is a delicious change from your regular lunch sandwich or dinner.You can of course buy a salad at a supermarket……but that certainly won’t be a low-carb and/or healthy lunch or dinner salads. Especially if you have type 2 diabetes.Why?None of the salads in the supermarket are really low in carbohydrates due to the additives in them and – if you do find one – then unfortunately they tend to be not tasty at all.In addition, they are also very expensive.In summary: not tasty, expensive and unhealthy.
That is why we have a delicious low-carb salad for you with a delicious mayo-mustard dressing.
The recipe you find below is really delicious. Yes, it takes some effort and time to prepare, but you also get a lot in return.Delicious chicken and broccoli. And also some cheese, almonds and red onion. In addition, you finish the dish with a tasty mayo-mustard dressing.Are you a vegetarian and looking for a low-carb salad? Don’t worry, we’ve also thought of you.You can replace the meat in this recipe with avocado. In the recipe below I will teach you exactly how to do this.Do you want to make this healthy low-carb salad? Check out the photos below to see what goodies await you.
The photos and recipe of the low-carb salad with chicken & broccoli with a low-carb mayo-mustard dressing
Do you want to make this low-carb salad with chicken or avocado? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe of this tasty salad.
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Low-Carb Salad with Chicken & Broccoli (and a Tasty Dressing)
- 3 broccoli head - cut into florets
- 115 gram grated cheese
- 0.5 red onion - sliced into thin slices
- 20 gram almond - cut in length
- 200 gram diced chicken breast - for a vegetarian option: use 1 avocado and cut the meat of the avocado in cubes
- 10 gram fresh chives - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- bowl with ice cubes
- 150 gram mayonaise
- 3 tablespoon appel cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mosterd
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken breast cubes and season with salt and pepper. Bake in 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add some salt. Put the broccoli florets in the water and cook until al dente in 3 minutes.
- Remove the broccoli from the pan and let it cool in the bowl of ice cubes. Then set the broccoli florets aside.
- In the meantime, make the dressing by putting all the ingredients together and mixing. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix the broccoli and other ingredients together. Then pour the dressing over it and mix the salad well again.
- You can eat the salad immediately or leave it covered in the fridge for an hour for a cold salad.