We all feel like having a snack for time to time. But what should you take? Because let's be honest: eating nuts all the time is everything but fun.
Fortunately, you can make these mouthwatering low-carb cheese crackers to fulfill that craving. Ideal as a snack or just for lunch and breakfast.
Because these treats are made from very healthy (and tasty) ingredients, you can eat them as much as you want.
Low-carb cheese crackers that you can eat as much as you want? That sounds like a dream to many people. Especially for diabetics.
In this recipe you will learn how to make them in 30 minutes.
These low-carb crackers are the ideal addition to our low-carbohydrate bread and our low-carbohydrate buns.
What makes these crackers so tasty and healthy?
They are made from cheese and almond flour (which is healthy)...
...and you add a lot of spices that will make them taste delicious.
And don't be fooled by the low-carb options you can buy in stores like Walmart, Trader Joe's, Tesco or Woolworths. They rarely are truly low-carb. They are - utmost - 'lower in carbs'.
Can't wait to make these low-carb crackers? Then scroll down to see what awaits you.
Photos and recipe of the low-carb cheese crackers
Do you want to make these low-carb crackers with cheese? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe of these tasty treats.
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Low-Carb Crackers with Cheese & Almond Flour
- 240 gram cheese
- 120 gram almond flour
- 60 gram cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry herbs - like: rosemary, basil, chives, garlic, chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius (450 Fahrenheit)
- Mix the cheese, cream cheese and almond flour in a heatresistend bowl, then heat it in the oven for a minute. Then again mix all ingredients (cheese must be partially melted)
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes and then add the egg, salt and spices and mix together (if the cheese is too hard, heat everything for an other 20 seconds)
- Place baking paper on a baking tray and place the dough ball on it. Place another piece of baking paper on top and roll out the dough into a thin layer (use a rolling pin or your hands)
- Remove the top baking paper and use a pizza cutter to cut the crackers into small pieces and put the plate in the oven
- Bake the crackers for 5 minutes per side (depending on the thickness, you can leave them a few minutes longer) until they are crispy.
- Use the pizza cutter again to cut the crackers into small pieces. Allow to cool for 5 minutes