A low-carb bun is delicious from time to time. Whether you want to take it to work or school...
...or if you want to make a delicious hamburger sandwich.
But finding healthy low-carb bread is tricky. And when you finally find them, they are often OR expensive OR not good. Fortunately, there are certain shops that sell tasty buns, such as the Walmart, Aldi, Woolworths, Kroger and Tesco.
But baking your own buns is of course the best. That's why in this recipe you'll get a tasty - and easy to make - low-carb bun.
It is slightly different from our 'normal' low-carb bread, but fortunately just as tasty. Ideal if you have type 2 diabetes or are working on your weight.
Check out the photos below to see what awaits you :)!
Photos and recipe of the low-carb bun
Do you want to make these (hamburger) buns? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe of these tasty low-carb buns.
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Low-Carb Bun Recipe (Also Perfect As Hamburger Bun)
- Food processor
- 200 gram mozzarella
- 60 gram cream cheese
- 1 big egg
- 150 gram almond flour
- 2 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 ice cubes
- small oven dish
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir and heat again for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Put the cheese mixture in a food processor together with the egg and mix until smooth. Then add the dry ingredients and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 Fahrenheit). Place a small baking dish on the bottom of the oven. The baking tray will be added on top.
- Place a piece of baking paper on the baking tray and divide the dough into 5 equal balls (10 cm in diameter) on the baking tray. Lightly lubricate your hands with some oil and press down the bulbs to flatten them.
- Put the ice cubes in the baking dish that is in the oven (helps with the rising process). Then place the baking tray with the dough balls above it.
- Bake the rolls in the oven for 12 minutes or until the outside is golden brown.