Sometimes you fancy a low-carb breakfast which is a bit more than a boiled egg or bowl of yogurt. That's nice... but what can you make?
Making a tasty low-carb breakfast can be quite a challenge. Because if you don't want/can't eat bread or pancakes, very little remains. Your low-carb breakfast ideas quickly run out.
Fortunately, I have a delicious recipe for you here with pesto, cheese, stock and spicy sausage.
Wonderful to make for yourself (and your family) on the weekend - especially if you want to spoil everyone... including yourself, of course.
This fast & easy low-carb breakfast recipe with eggs is ideal if you have a little more time and desire to make breakfast.
Especially handy on the weekend if you want to eat something else to change it all up a bit.
What makes the recipe tasty is that you use different ingredients that give a lot of flavor:
All in all a tasty combination that is also healthy. Especially if you have type 2 diabetes or want to lose some extra weight you are carrying around.
What more could you want from a low-carb breakfast from the oven?
The photos and the recipe of the low-carb breakfast
Do you want to make this low-carb breakfast recipe? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe.
Looking for even more savory low-carb breakfast? Perhaps these egg muffins are also for you. Also ideal for breakfast.
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Low-Carb Breakfast Recipe with Egg & Italian Sausage (in the Oven)
- 450 gram Italian sausage
- 4 eggs
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 85 gram grated Parmesan cheese - or any other grated cheese of your choice
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 30 gram red pepper - sliced
- 4 tsp pine nuts - minced
- 0,5 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- fresh basil - optional for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to 205 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit) and grease an oven dish of about 8x8 inch.
- Cook the sausage over medium heat by stirring regularly until golden brown. Drain the excess fat and divide the sausages in the baking dish.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients, except the pine nuts and basil, together in a large bowl. Pour the mixture over the sausage.
- Bake the eggs for about 30-35 minutes
- Garnish with the pine nuts and basil.