Eating muffins can be delicious ...
...but you'll have to eat a low-carbohydrate version. Why? Because regular muffins are very high in carbohydrates (which are also very unhealthy).
Fortunately, there are solutions to this problem. You can make healthy low-carb egg muffins in different ways.
The two main ways are:
In this recipe, you will learn how to make savory low-carb egg muffins.
In fact, you learn 3 variants. They are perfect to eat as breakfast, lunch or even as a snack.
They are also very keto friendly because there are barely any carbs in these muffins. And you can also customize them as much as you want.
You can you sausage, bacon, cheese, spinach or any veggie you would like to use. A super versatility recipe that every person in your family will enjoy 🙂
And you don't need anything special to make them. Just some eggs, your favorite fillings, a muffin pan and an oven. Easy right?
Check out the photos below to see what awaits you.
Photos and recipe of the low-carb egg muffins 3 ways
Is the water already starting to run in your mouth? Then go all the way down for the complete recipe of these low-carb egg muffins.
Rather eat sweet low-carb muffins with chocolate? Check out my recipe for those.
Do you find this recipe delicious? Click on one of the buttons to share it!
Low-Carb Egg Muffins With Cheese, Ham & Spinach (Perfect as Breakfast)
- 4 big eggs
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- salt and peper
Tomato, Spinach & Mozzarella
- 60 gram fresh spinach - finely chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes - sliced in halve
- 30 gram mozzarella - shredded
Ham & Cheese
- 60 gram ham
- 60 gram grated cheese - pick the kind you like
Mushroom, Garlic & Bell Peper
- 1 clove of garlic - finely chopped
- 30 gram mushroom - sliced
- 50 gram bell peper - chopped
- 5 gram parsley - finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (360 Fahrenheit). Grease/spray the muffin pan with butter/olive oil.
- Put the eggs in a bowl and beat them. Then add the onion and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the individual pans with half of the egg mixture (the mixture should be enough for 4 muffins).
- Divide the chosen toppings over the 4 egg muffins in the baking pan.
- Bake the muffins in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve the muffins or store them after they have cooled in an airtight container in the refrigerator (shelf life up to 4 days).